Speech & Language Therapy
We understand the challenges that people with communication difficulties face in their homes, schools, workplaces and in relationships with others. We provide supportive, evidence-based speech and language therapy services that are tailored to utilize the strengths and support the needs of each individual child and family we work with. We provide services in our Kennedy Town office, in schools, kindergartens and playgroups across Hong Kong and in clients’ homes, if needed. We work collaboratively with parents and other key people that are involved with a child such as teachers, other professionals and helpers to ensure that a child’s communication skills are supported optimally.
We offer a range of services including assessments, individual and group therapy programs, intensive therapy programs, consultations for school staff, screening assessments for schools and kindergartens and educational workshops for parents and professionals. We can also design an intervention package to suit your individual or organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for more information.
Our Speech and Language Pathologist can help to develop a person’s skills in the following areas:
- Speech clarity
- Understanding what is said to them (e.g., following directions, understanding the meaning of words and sentences, understanding a story)
- Expressing themselves using verbal language (e.g. increasing vocabulary, increasing the length of sentences, telling a story, providing explanations) or augmentative means
- Developing shared attention between a child and others, and non-verbal communication skills
- Developing careful listening skills
- Improving auditory processing skills
- Improving speech fluency (reducing stuttering)
- Social skills
- Literacy (improving phonological awareness, reading, spelling and writing)
- Oral motor skills related to swallowing
- School entry readiness
- Accent modification
- Improving executive functioning skills such as planning and completing tasks
- Improved confidence communicating with others.
We believe in helping all children to live happy, healthy and productive lives and we recognize that communication skills play a key part. If you would like to nominate a child for pro-bono speech and language therapy support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.