Dr. Sandra Comer
Dr. Sandra Comer received her Ph.D. in Psychology from Carleton University in Ottawa , Canada. While completing her studies, Dr. Comer interned for six years in the Ottawa Civic Hospital's outpatient psychiatric clinic. During that period, she worked extensively with groups and individuals in both the eating disorder program and stress management clinic, and received in-depth practical training in cognitive-behavioral therapy.
Since 1997. Dr. Comer has been treating adults as well as adolescents in Hong Kong . She has been an invited speaker on RTHK and made numerous presentations to medical practitioners and parent groups. She has also lectured at various schools in Hong Kong.
Dr. Comer works with a variety of anxiety and mood disorders, and has specific interest and expertise in eating disorders and body image concerns. She uses a collaborative, time-limited approach that aims to empower clients by teaching them skills that are applicable outside the therapy sessions. Dr. Comer integrates the most current strategies and techniques in cognitive therapy in order to develop the most effective individual treatment plan for her clients.
- Assessment, treatment planning, and psychological therapy for eating disorders such as bulimia, anorexia, binge-eating or body-image distortion
- Evaluation and treatment of anxiety or mood disorders in adults and adolescents
- Presentations for parents, teachers or schools on the prevention, identification and treatment of eating disorders or body image distortions
- Intelligence/Aptitude testing
- Individual counseling for adults, adolescents and families