Are your students interested in finding out more about psychology and being a psychologist?
The BFDC welcomes students from international schools for our Student Work Experience Program.
Participating students will:
- Meet a variety mental health professionals, and ask all them questions they want
- Have time to peruse clinical resources, including essential texts and workbooks
- Participate in a mental health round table discussion for students
- Learn about the business side of how a mental health practice operates
- Choose a special research topic and write about it for the BFDC website
- Learn the basics of business etiquette and how to behave in a workplace
- For insurance reasons, the BFDC accepts students only through school work experience programs. A designated Coordinator at the school must contact the BFDC and make all arrangements on behalf of students to participate.
- Schools will provide educational expectations for the program to the BFDC.
- Schools will provide a mechanism for the BFDC to provide feedback.
- Participating students are invited to spend 1-2 weeks in our offices in Central. Office hours for students run from 10 am to 3 pm. Students are expected be present Monday to Friday unless otherwise instructed.
- A minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 4 students are required for the program to run.
- The BFDC accepts students twice a year, with intake in November and in May.
Contact the BFDC if you wish to book a Work Experience Program for your students!