Our Student Success Coach service been developed specifically for students who have undergone a Psychoeducational Assessment, and have been identified as benefitting from support and coaching to reach their full potential.
Our Student Success Coach is in place to help children manage emotional and behavioral issues, build social skills and resilience, and plan and work effectively at home and at school. Through one-on-one coaching and shared online resources, our Student Success Coach can support children with:
- Stress, anxiety and worry
- Boredom and misbehavior
- Difficulties with attention and concentration
- Organization and time management
- Peer relationship issues, bullying
- Social and emotional regulation
- Confidence and self-esteem issues
- Goal setting/ planning for the future
- Reducing unhelpful habits
There are a number of reasons to consider coaching for your child:
- It’s online. Sessions are designed to work into your child’s schedule, and can be as effective as in-person support. Online sessions can also be less intimidating and enjoyable for kids.
- It’s not tutoring or therapy. Coaching is a fun and exciting process that is about increasing motivation, focus, resilience, and reaching your fullest potential.
- It develops “soft skills”. A child’s ability to stay calm in exams and high pressure situations, maintain attention, overcome failures, and build confidence are as important as IQ.
- It offers total improvement. Coaching does not just build strength in a single subject. Students develop the skills to optimize their performance academically, improve social confidence, reduce stress and become better behaved and connected with teachers and family.
Aleks George Srbinoski is the BFDC’s Student Success Coach. Check out his bio here.
Contact the Jadis Blurton Family Development Center to learn more about our Student Success Coach service.