Symptoms of dyslexia vary, but for those who experience moving or distorted letters a new tool has been added to their arsenal recently. The font OpenDyslexia, available for free, uses carefully weighted bottom-heavy letters that keeps the text grounded and makes reading much easier. Here is a quick guide to getting the font up and running on your computer:
- Download the .zip file from this link: http://img.dafont.com/dl/?f=open_dyslexic
- Open the file (You will need WinZip or iZip, both free).
- You will see 4 font files, open one.
- At the top of the font window hit the ‘install’ button.
- Repeat for the other 3 files
You can now use the OpenDyslexic font in all your programs. You can also set your browser to use it as the default font for easy web surfing! If you need any help with installation or browser implementation feel free to contact us!