|The Harbour School (THS)||July 2 (Mon) – 5 (Fri)||9 am – 12 pm|
This course is suitable for students in Grade 6, 7 and 8 (Year 7, 8 and 9 / Primary 6, Form 1 and 2).
Students are faced with a variety of demands, including academic, social, and personal ones. It can be a challenge to balance them all!
Developing study skills and effective habits early on is fundamental to being successful, both at school and beyond. These sessions aim to hone self-awareness and strategies specific to individuals, particularly when it comes to learning effectively. The skills learned in this class will be helpful now, and in years to come.
Students will learn and be provided opportunities to practice how to manage time efficiently, set realistic goals, and take notes. In time, they will take ownership over their own learning, whilst gaining the confidence and independence they need at school and beyond.
1. Getting Motivated. Finding my learning style – how I learn and focus best; self-motivation and regulation
2. Time Management. Goal-setting; prioritizing (long-term, short-term)
3. Breaking Down Tasks. Tackling big assignments and projects; making tasks manageable
4. Note-taking and Consolidating. Memory aids and organisation
5. Taking Breaks and Reducing Stress
Led by Katrina Rozga CCC MC (Psych)